Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:19:40 EST
From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
>No better food is available for ferrets than "Totally Ferret".  Second to
>that one is Mazuri...once again, only my opinion.

Here I am again...2 days in a row.  Sheesh...and here I've been lurking for
lord know how long!

I felt a need to reply to the above comment.  Yep, TF is the best all round
ferret food on the market IMHO.  Mazuri, on the other hand, has a component
that they have never removed...ethoxyquin.  Ethoxyquin has been "outlawed"
by the FDA for human consumption.  Ethoxyquin has been found to promote
kidney carcinogenesis; it significantly increased incidence of stomach
tumors; and enhanced bladder carcinogenesis.  Most responsible pet food
manufacturers have now removed it from their pet food.  IAMS for one had
ethoxyquin as an ingredient up until recently.  If you insist on Mazuri,
please buy the Mazuri made for lab animals...for some reason they don't put
it in that particular food.  Makes you wonder why, now doesn't it???!!

No way will I feed any of my animals including my dog and cat, something
that has this stuff in it.  We all need to read ingredients before we feed!

Just my 2 cents.

Barb and the 3 whirling dervishes...Gus, Zak and Hope