From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 18:45:01 -0500
Well, the two old guys arrived today much to the joy of my daughter.
Overall, both appear in excellent shape, active, friendly, eating and
normal poops (yeah, they had to try out a corner).  The seven year old
certainly has the tail appearance of adrenal and both eyes appear cloudy,
would this be cataracts?  I have an ultrasound scheduled for him already
to check out the adrenal.  I don't think surgery is an option at this age,
but what about Lupron, any comments, experiences or feedback anyone would
like to share??

To everyone who wrote encouraging me to bring these guys into my home, you
were absolutely correct, the old guy is such a doll, he fell asleep in my
arms while I was rubbing his head.

The younger guy (4 years) is quite active, nice weight, decent coat.  He
just went crazy with the other ferrets, had a blast, curled up my Peanut
for a nap after a very short time.

Thanks again to everyone who sent posts about the old guys.  I wish
everyone could experience what I did today, I honestly believe the number
of old guys in shelters would be greatly reduced.  He may be old, but he
still has a lot of fun left in him.  He ran, dooked and played with the
young guys, then came looking for a warm lap to curl up in.  Best of both
worlds, even if just for a short time.....

Hugs to everyone,

Jen