From:
feretrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:30:29 -0500
I don't usually post about financial needs that we as a shelter have
because I feel that if anyone is led to donate to any shelter they can go
to the SOS list so graciously put together by Judith.

I have a definite problem with the lack of ethics shown by Amy Flemming.
As I also am on other mailing lists I too had seen that within the same day
Amy promoting her upcoming breeding stock and the fact that she will be
able to ship kits to the USA, and the plea for money to pay off her US vet
bill.  Now today I see posted that the money she uses to pay off her vet
bills comes from the sale of kits.  I am sorry if this sounds like I am
bashing Amy, but I am deeply offended by this whole thing and cannot keep
quiet.

We personally as a shelter own over $1000 to our vet who I might add is
also very gracious to us as they know the blood, sweat and tears we put
into every sweet fuzzy brought into our care.  I know of other shelters as
well who are in the same position as we are, and never use this forum to
plead for money.

I have seen instances where emergencies crop up in shelters and posts are
listed, and that is totally understandable.  ie.  the NJ raid and the needs
for KISTA.  And I believe that was very appropriate.

I am just posting to expess my opinion.  I had e-mailed Amy when this
originally happened and she did e-mail me back kindly.

Shelter moms and dads go without for the love of the precious animals in
their care.  I want to emphasize love, because that is the reason we do it.
When I see posts such as Amy's then I start to question motives.

Denise
Furry O's Ferrets