From:
judy wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 10:24:20 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Well, I just couldn't sit here and read about all the neat, funny things
ferrets are known to do and not tell about a couple of my rescues (Podo
and Meeko).

Podo is a female, Meeko a male and they snorkle!  I got Podo first and was
amazed to see her submerge the front half of her body to grab goodies from
the bottom of her swimming pool.  Note that the "pool" only has 3-4" of
water in it, is 8-10" wide, a foot long and 6" high.  They are supervised
at all times when the pool is open.

All of the others just drink from the pool and a couple try to dig in it
but Podo and Meeko love to snatch stuff from the bottom.  They'll submerge
their heads and appear to be looking around under there.  And, when there's
nothing on the bottom they'll snag whatever's floating on top too.  They
keep me busy just returning whatever they've snagged so they can keep
playing Ferret Cousteau.

They're amazing little creatures, that's for sure.

Judy
Cloud Nine Ferrets
Dellrose, TN