From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 02:19:32 EST
Hey and Dooks to all the fur-kids (meow to the fer-kats, too)

Read all the posts about sleeping ferrets.  Yeah, can be real scarey.
Around here we call it DFS or Dead Ferret Syndrome.  Ol' man Simon is the
most frequent.  Every 3 or 4 days he get to dreaming some sweet ferret
dreams and just don't wanta wake up.  Sometimes I literally stand there
for minutes smearing NutraStat on his mouth before he moves.  He'll start
licking at it, but not wake up.  Sprite was the worst.  One time she would
not react to ferretone, NutraStat, or Fuzzy Soup.  She was already in the
carrier, I was running out the door to the vets, when she started to yawn
and wake up.  Heart Attack city !!!!!

About the cornstarch pellets - my kids absolutely love them !!!!  Got a big
plastic bin full of them that they dive into, hide in, or snorkle around
in.  Been over 6 months with no related problems.  Get mine at a local Fred
Meyers for a few bucks a bag.

Mocha is still in quarantine at my friend Nori's house.  Seems to be doing
real good.  Nikki is having such a blast here that it looks like she will
be a permanent addition.  Nikki is a 4 year old DEW, former breeder.  Mocha
will be coming home next week.  In the meantime, Nori is leaving on a
business trip, so I will be watching over an additional 27 ferrets (2
babies), 4 cats, 2 dogs.

Ah!  An animal heaven <G> !!!!!!

Warm Fuzzies !!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
Mist the Fer-Kat
INTRODUCING MOCHA and NIKKI !!!
Guardian Fur-Angels -
~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                  http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.