From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:20:32 -0800
More information on IAMS.  Today in Petco, after picking up Totally Ferret,
I wandered over to the cat food to look at an Iams package.  Stocking the
adjoining area was a rep from Hill's Science Diet, so I asked her what she
knew about Iams, the possible change in formula, and package labeling.
She claims Iams has ALREADY downgraded the ingredients, but this is not
reflected on the package yet.

HERE'S THE DEAL - they do not have to change labeling for each change in
the product.  The government only requires the labels be changed twice a
year, to be brought up to date with what's in the bag - at that time.
After label change date, they are then free to once again downgrade the
product with six months of selling product that is lower in nutritional
value than what the bag claims.

If you read the letter from Iams, it does NOT say they won't make changes.
The words ..."compromise the quality"... are just PR buzz words, designed
to pacify the gullible.  Don't be pacified, don't be gullible.

Georgia - who doesn't plan on buying any more Iams