From:
Chris Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:00:35 -0500
Hello all!  First I would like to thank everyone who replied to me
concerning my outburst yesterday...I just read the poem and lost my temper.
I'm guilt of a lot of things, but I'm trying my best to not only take care
of them properly, but also get them a better home.

For all of you who are interested, I'm located in northern Maine...about
eight hours north of Boston.  The boys are albino and a dark sable, and
both have a good temperment.  They could both stand a little more time
loose around people - their manners have gotten a little flaky in the last
few months.  Mousse (the sable) is a bit lazy, likes handouts, and likes
human attention.  Bear (albino) has his nose in everything going, wouldn't
take a handout if you stuck it in his mouth, and would rather be running
around than picked up.  They both enjoy playing with tubes or catch with a
tennis ball - they need to work on not running away with it though.

To whoever is interested - I'm willing to part with the ferrets and all
their worldly posessions (two story cage, water & food containers,
supplies, toys, leashes, etc.) for free.  My goal is to find these two a
good home - not get my money out of them.  I'd like to see them go to a
home which has ferrets, or has had them and understand what their needs
are.  I'm not counting out first timers, but I want to be sure they
understand what they are getting into.

As for moving - they have moved four times in the three years I've had
them.  They started out in a house with two people and five cats, then an
apartment with three other guys, then a smaller place with a roommate who
couldn't stand them, and then my former girlfriend and her son who loved
them, and finally to my current home which I'm currently sharing with my
roommate.  I'm not too worried about them adjusting to the change - they
seem to be pretty resilent.  I would like to see them go to a home where
they will stay for life - I've had enough moving to last me a lifetime,
so I can't imagine what they feel like.

Thanks again to everyone who replied!

-Chris