From:
Signe Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:59:33 -0600
Thanks for sharing your significant other's Welsh ferret story!  I love the
idea of a giant-sized "Pilot" ferret bringing back both the rabbit and the
hunter-ferret, but how does the Pilot ferret do it?  I can see him bringing
back the rabbit in his mouth, but how does he get the hunter ferret back?
Does he walk in front of the hunter, herd the hunter along in front of him,
make noises at him to tell him to come back, or what?  Do hunter ferrets
first meet Pilot ferrets when they're babies and imprint on them?  Or is
the hunter ferret basically following the ex-rabbit back?  This subject
fascinates me, because I can't imagine any of my ferrets taking orders from
another ferret, no matter how big it might be.

Just wondering,
Signe