From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:10:05 -0500
Okay, folks STOP the yelling at each other!  Yes, some comments really
would have been better handled with less niggling, or less baiting, or
less screaming, or less complaining.  Fine.  It's done; get over it.

To clarify things: Steve and I paid off the remainder that Amy had missed
when she moved, and it was less than she expected.  We did NOT do it from
the donation portion of our budgeting so it will NOT impact negatively on
what any shelters or ferret-health veterinary medical charities get.
Instead it came from fun-money so there will just be fewer DVDs and the
like -- no biggie.

So, you can stop worrying that it will have a bad effect on anyone else;
you know you'll always get some checks from us to help our favorite shelter
(your's), Anne!  (Yes, I know your comments were general, that you didn't
know it was us so you weren't thinking specifically of your shelter needs,
and I know that you are NOT one to gripe under levels of stress that would
bury most of us so things are likely a 'little' strained there right now --
which probably means that those of us who give here in N.J.  should write
some checks again or call Dr. Kim and reduce your vet bills.)

So, calm down folks -- ten deep breaths -- now start over -- slowly and
peacefully.

I have heard of ferret farms having an income from ferrets, but the
individual breeders I know have none or only a piddling one because of
the fine levels of care they give.  Fact of life...

Perhaps people should NOT assume that any others' assumptions about someone
else are sure to be accurate.  Heck, if people had ever believed that I
actually lived in CA and was an F&G officer (a totally false rumor which
will shock you, but it actually WAS passed around by a few a number of
years back) can you imagine what that would have felt like to me?  I can
recall more than a few other rumors, too, over the dozen or so years about
other people -- false, false, false ones!!!!  NONE of us walks in anyone
else's shoes; we can't assume things about their lives on anyone's say-so,
plain and simple.

Remember the joke about the word "assume".  If you don't know it then
divide the word into three words, using "u" to mean "you".

Now, calm down.  We all hear you, each and every one of you.  It's not the
end of the world, it's only chatting and some mis-speaks, nothing more:
only as real as the bullets were in the movie "Matrix".  (If you haven't
seen "Matrix" or like seeing more than once as I do then watch it thinking
of it in terms of it being a parable about internet communications.)