From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:14:18 -0500
Dear Shelter Mom and Grandma Jan,

We want to wish you and Shelter Dad a Merry Christmas, And a very Merry
Christmas to our Foster Grandma, and all the kids in the shelter.  A
happy Chanukah to our Jewish friends and ferrets everywhere.

We are so excited are toes are twinkling.  Just when we thought things
couldn't get any better here in Charlestown, they did!  WE HAVE A BABY
SISTER!!  Her name is Charity, she is all white and fluffy, and she is so
cute.  Her little tail is always fluffed out, her little feet never stop
running, and she jumps and leaps at everything.  She lives in the room next
to us, over Beethoven so we get to see her all the time.  Foster Mom put
her in with big brother Beethoven when she first arrived, BUT, she beat him
up.  Then she dragged him all around his own house by his ear.  He was to
polite to say anything, and he is so much bigger than she is that he didn't
want to hit her.  So Foster Mom decided she would be best living alone.

We are thrilled because she is back up next to us.  We talk to her all the
time, and we get up with her at night.  That lets Foster Mom get her rest.
We never brought up a baby before, so we are having all the fun while
Foster Mom is doing the training.

Charity is cutting her teeth on Foster Mom's wrist, and Foster Mom is now
speaking a whole new language.  As far as we can figure out it goes
something like this.

In the middle of a chomp, Foster Mom says "No-owww".  We guess that means
No how, this biting is not going to work.  Then she says "Ow-no".  Is she
saying I don't know???  There is the usual "no,no's," and "We don't do that
here," as Foster Mom reaches for another band-aid.  Foster Mom is so funny
adding more band-aids on top of the strips she has now.

We are trying to keep up with the baby talk and trying not to laugh.  Dook,
Dook.  It's hard.  Charity doesn't say anything, she just stands there
being her own sweet self.  She is getting better, she is all potty trained
and she knows her name.  And, she has already started to help Foster Mom
around the house.  Yesterday, she opened all the toilet paper and the paper
towel packages, and started the rolls for Foster Mom.  What a good girl she
is.  This means there is less work for us to do, and more time to devote to
our careers.

Shelter Mom, we surfed the web, but we couldn'd find out where baby ferrets
come from.  Foster Mom just brought her home in the carrier.  But, where
did she really come from?  June saw some white fluff floating down from
the sky the other day.  We got so excited because it was gathering on the
ground outside our window.  It looked like pieces of Charity.  When she
scratches, she sends fluff balls just like that floating in the air.  We
were wondering, are those flakes outside the window baby ferrets
unassembled?  Let us know, because we don't have a cabbage patch, we never
saw the stork, and she is much to white to have come from the coal bin.

This is all for now, we will write more later.  Hugs and ferret kisses to
everyone, from the gang here in Charlestown.
June
and Storm, Charity, Beethoven, and cousin Zeke, and Foster Mom.

please visit the shelter site at
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html

or the many faces at Ferret Wise Shelter
a 501c3 organization
Http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html

Please Visit iGive at
Where you can anonymously support ongoing rehabilitation and education
projects at Ferret Wise by clicking and browsing at their site !  The
ferrets will thank you!