From:
Tysa Jayne Strait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:57:15 -0800
Hi everybody, Finals are over and I can finally sit at
the computer.  My fiancee has been reading the
interesting posts to me.
We also have a MF ferret with a jaw deformity.  We had
our vet check it out and he said it was most likely
caused at birth by the mother or sometime before 5
weeks.  He has a hole in his upper lip where his tooth
fits in.  The vet isn't worried about it but always
takes a look when he sees Harley to make sure he
doesn't have problems.  I don't know that its common
for MF ferrets, though.  4 of our 6 are MF and only 1
has this.  at least 7 of my parents 16 are MF and none
of there's has this problem.
I wonder if maybe this occurs during the shipping of
the poor little things.  Doesn't bother Harley though
he's busy knocking the bills off the box as I writed.
I would like to know how long a males rut lasts?  Our
un-neutered male is in his right now.  He's the
stinkiest thing ever and to top it off he won't stop
harrassing the girls.  Especially Holley she has bite
marks from him dragging her out of the hammock and
down the ramp.  She is too small and passive to do
much fighting back.  Halley on the other hand fights
him but soon tires and resorts to screaming for mom
and dad's help.  Would love some info.  I've called
the vet about having him neutered.  Can't afford it at
the moment, but can't stand our stinky Dudley either.

Luckily our vet gives us a month to make the payment.
Thanks for any help you might be able to give
Tysa, Dana, and the Havoc Wreaking Weasies.