Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:58:04 -0800
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Ok, let me just say that I understand why the idea of boycotting the buying
of MF ferrets came about.  I don't agree with the way that they ship,
breed, or treat ferrets at all and don't agree with the fact that they
supply ferrets to labs for research on food additives, cosmetics and the
like.  But I don't think that if everyone were to stop buying these MF
ferrets it would stop Marshall Farms from producing them at all.  They
would just concentrate more on producing them exclusively for lab use.
Do you really think, based on the way that they do ferrets now, spaying
and neutering too young and shipping way too young, that they really care
whether you buy them for pets or not?  They will always have a market for
the ferrets in the research field.  And in the end, who really loses if you
stop buying MF ferrets?  Well, the ferrets of course.  They get sent to
labs, where they are given a number instead of a name, no toys, treats,
love or affection.  They serve their purpose and if they are lucky they may
get adopted, but most will be put to sleep.  You won't stop Marshall Farms
from breeding ferrets, you will only increase the number of ferrets being
used for research, and the number of ferrets living out their lives with no
love and happiness.  That is just my opinion, but if you think about it, it
makes a lot of sense.  And by the way, I posted anonymously because I do
not care for flames being sent to my email address.  You can flame all you
want on this list if BIG allows it.

Thanks!
[KE]