Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:05:47 -0400
From:
Heidi Lepak <[log in to unmask]>
In the summer of 1998, Rocki began to loose his hair on his back.  The loss
looked nothing like adrenal hair loss as his tail was full as well as his
rump area.  Plus he had hair right down the middle of his back.

I took him to the vet, remember our vets here are not ferret knowledgebale,
but we have nothing else.  He said that he had seen this happen on older
cats, and since Rocki was almost 5 at the time, I guess he qualified as an
older animal.

Rocki was given a hormone called "ovaran" and in about 2 months all his
hair returned.  Bushy and beautiful as ever.

About a year later the same thing happened again.  He looks like he has
racing stripes down his back, only these racing stripes are bald.We tried
the same remedy again, but this time nothing has improved.  Still the
racing stripes.

Has anyone else had this experience, and if so what did they do?  Rocki is
almost 6 now, weighs 2.7 pounds, eats like a piggy, plays, poops and does
everything else normal.  He's as cute as a button, but sure looks funny
with his stripes.

Please mail me privately, I would appreciate it, thanks

We survived the Petsburgh Critique
www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/3133
http://communities.msn.com/Ferret
ICQ# 33966544